Below is a list of different power conversion products that I have designed. These designs were Industrial, Military, and Aerospace products.
- Multi-kilowatt three-phase inverters for 240vac – 600vac power lines
- 1500vdc flyback power supplies
- Fast transformer coupled gate drive circuits
- Lithium Ion battery charger for military applications
- Inductive coupled battery chargers
- Li-Ion battery packs for Boeing and other airline manufacturers
- Fast 600vdc breaker for Army mobile platforms
- Large LED power supply for curing high performance ink
- Multi-kilowatt power supply for laser curing high performance aircraft wings
- Resonant push-pull power supply for starting torpedos
- 30kW/1000V battery charger proposal for shipboard laser weapons
- Multi-Kilowatt Resonant Full Bridge Converters for Military
- A ZVS full-bridge modulator for AM transmitter
- A resonant phase shift full-bridge AM Transmitter
This is a Parametrics FHP motor drive – a three phase inverter. This is called a six-step inverter. Parametrics was a small company in Orange Connecticut. I began my power electronics education there in 1978 and was fortunate to have been able to work with some outstanding engineers while I was there.
The MK 48 torpedo has been in production for a long time. Recently I have been involved with a new power supply for the MK48. The new power supply uses a dozen LiFePO4 cells to produce 300VDC at a kilowatt. This power converter is used to start the torpedo.
Lithium Battery Pack
This is a Lithium battery pack for a personal jet. The pack uses 224 lithium ion cells, wired to produce 24vdc. The stack is 8 high with an individual chargers on each row. This pack is used to start the aircraft.
The FalconIII is a military radio platform produced by Harris RFCD in Rochester, NY. I redesigned the power supply boards for both the hand held AN/PRC-152 and the Mobile unit for the Hum-Vee and Mrap vehicles. While I was at Harris I also designed a wireless inductive coupled 80 watt battery charger.